Contract for Review
Client Contract and Agreement
This contract defines the terms and conditions under which Castle Hill Pavilion (CHP) and
agree to the use of Castle Hill’s on ________________ (date).
This contract Constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and becomes binding upon the signature of both parties. This contract may not be amended or changes unless executed in writing and signed by Castle Hill and the Client.
Terms and Conditions
Facilities and Services Provided by Castle Hill Pavilion: Castle Hill Pavilion will provide the facilities and services described in this contract on the event date noted above from as early as 8am to 10pm. A staff member will be available for 1 hour to open the door at the agreed time and will return to venue, before the start time of the reception.
Castle Hill Pavilion will provide the following:
Two bathrooms (located on the west side of the reception hall)
Exclusive use of Castle Hill gardens and grounds
Castle Hill Pavilion Mandatory Services at the Venue:
Effective January 1, 2018 for all 2018 clients, booked after January 1, 2018- Licensed In-house caterer
Castle Hill Pavilion offers additional services via our management company PWC – a separate contract will be signed for additional services. (Check additional service selected):
- Décor Design for Event with up lighting, GOBO design and photo booth
- Wedding Planning
- Wedding Weekend Coordinating
- Favor Station
- Event Rental (Linen and etc.
Deposits and Payment Agreements:The total cost for use of Castle Hill Pavilion and its facilities described in this contract is $____________. Day of the week___Package Selected________.
- To reserve services on the date requested Castle Hill requires this contract be signed by both parties and an initial booking fee of $1000.00 of the venue booking cost OR 20% of the total balance of selected packages. (non-refundable).
- A non-refundable second payment of $1000.00 off the balance or 3 equal payments of the balance of the package.
- Payment of the remaining balance of the rental fee is due Thirty (30) days in advance of the event.
- Booking fees and payments will be made by cash, credit, debit, money orders, certified or bank check made payable to PWC, Managing Castle Hill Pavilion on the scheduled noted below. A receipt from Castle Hill Pavilion will be provided for each payment.
There is an additional $500.00 added on the last payment as a deposit for any damages to property to the facility and all within it. Deposit will be returned if there are no damages or it will be less the amount to cover any damages. If anyone is still at that Venue after 10:00 a.m. vendors and etc., the additional $150.00 per hour will be deducted from the deposit. If caterers did not clean the kitchen as listed in contact, the full amount of the deposit will be utilized for that cleaning service. If restrooms/dressing rooms are flooded and/or not left in an orderly manner funds will be deducted from deposit.
Scheduled Payment Due Date:
Initial Booking Fee $_____________with Signed Contract:
Remaining Balance ($ ___________) _______________ (date)
Remaining Balance ($ _______________) _______________ (date)
There will be a $250 late fee added, if balances aren’t paid on time.
In the unlikely event that the client should cancel, all booking fees are nonrefundable. (CHP will make every effort to assist in rescheduling within 90 days) Castle Hill Pavilion shall have the right to terminate this contract if client fails to meet or violates any terms of the contract, in which case the provisions of this cancellation policy also apply. The client shall not assign or sub-lease any terms, conditions or services contained in this contract or any interest therein without the written consent of Castle Hill Pavilion.
Impossibility: The performance of this agreement is subject to termination without liability upon the occurrence of any circumstance beyond the control of either party – such as: act of God, war, government regulations, disaster, strikes (except those involving the employees or agents of the party seeking the protection of this clause), civil disorder – to the extent that such circumstance makes it illegal of impossible to provide or use the facilities. The ability to terminate this Agreement without liability pursuant to this paragraph is conditioned upon delivery of written notice to other party setting forth the basis for such termination as soon as reasonably practical – but in no event longer than ten (10) days – after learning of such basis.
Changes, Additions, Stipulations, or Lining Out: Any changes, additions, stipulations including corrective lining out by either Castle Hill Pavilion or Client will not be considered agreed to or binding on the other unless such modifications have been initialed or otherwise approved in writing by the other.
Litigation Expenses: The parties agree that, in the event litigation relating to this Agreement is filed by either party, the non-prevailing party in such litigation will pay the prevailing party’s cost resulting from the litigation, including reasonable attorneys’ fees.
As the host of a private party, the Client acknowledges responsibility for the proper and lawful consumption of alcoholic beverages (beer, wine, and Champaign) at Castle Hill Pavilion during the duration of the event described in this contract. It is the responsibility of the Client via CHP to hire a Security Guard during the event, which will be added to the balance at a rate per hour. Rankin County is a dry county for liquor. (No Alcoholic beverage can be sold on the property). Secuirty officer will be at the rate of $150.00 for 4 hours.
The Castle Hill Pavilion reserves the right to remove any person or persons from the premises at any time.
A security guard must be present at all events where any form of liquor is involved or if the event has 75 or more guest or if the event is after 5:00 p.m. , at the rate of $150.00 per officer at the clients expense.
Responsibility and Security:
Castle Hill Pavilion does not accept any responsibility for damage to or loss of any articles or property left at Castle Hill Pavilion prior to, during or after the event. The Client agrees to be responsible for any damage done to Castle Hill Pavilion by the Client, his guest, invitees, employees or other agents under the Client’s control. Further, Castle Hill Pavilion shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any kind or character to any person or property caused by or arising from any act or omission of the Client, or any guests, invitees, employees or other agents from any accident or causality occasioned by the failure of the Client to maintain the premises in a safe condition or arising from any other cause. The Client, as a material part of the consideration of this agreement, hereby waives on its behalf all claims and demands against Client for any such loss, damage, or injury of the Bride/Groom/Renter, and hereby agrees to indemnify and hold Castle Hill Pavilion free and harmless from all liability for any such loss, damage, or injury to other persons, and form all costs and expenses arising there from, including but not limited to attorney fees.
Music and Entertainment:
DJ, Band of your choice, or bring in your own music via CD’s, IPod, or Computer
(Castle Hill Pavilion approved Vendors List is available)
Rental will be solely responsible for obtaining any necessary licenses or permission to perform, broadcast, transit, or display any copyrighted works (including without limitation, music, audio, or video recordings, art, etc.) that Client may use or request to be used at the facility.
APPLICABLE LAW: This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Mississippi.
Amendment 1 of 2004 is an amendment to the Mississippi Constitution that prohibited same-sex marriages form being conducted or recognized in Mississippi. The Amendment passed a public referendum on November 2, 2004 with 86% of voters supporting and 14% opposing.
The text of the adopted amendment, which is found at Article XIV, section 263A of the Mississippi Constitution, states:
Marriage may take place and may be valid under the laws of this state only between a man and a woman. A marriage in another state or foreign jurisdiction between persons of the same gender, regardless of when the marriage took place, may not be recognized in this state and is void and unenforceable under the laws of this state.
This law has since been passed however, as a private business owner we have the right to refuse any same sex events as they relate to marriage/family.
Marriage: According to our religious beliefs, we believe that marriage by God’s design is the union of one man and one woman (Genesis 2:18). The Lord clearly states “So God created an in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.
- And God blessed them (Genesis 1: 27-28). We further believe that God gives the condition for this union “Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh” (Genesis: 22-24). We believe this clearly states that marriage between a male and female is the only legitimate and accepted sexual relationship.
- Jesus quoted this passage when He was asked about marriage (Matt. 19:3-9). We do not promote nor will we perform same-sex marriage; we believe as scripture has dictated, same-sex relationships and/or marriage are against God’s Holy Word.
- We therefore, for the same reason stated above, exclude all rental events of those in same-sex relationships from Castle Hill Pavilion, LLC.
1.Rice throwing is not allowed on the premises; you must use birdseeds, bubbles, etc.
- Fireworks and or sparklers are not allowed on the premisises or used within 10 miles of the premises or associated with CHP.
1. Pets are not allowed on the premises.
- Candles have to be dripless or placed in a holder, when using CHP linen.
- Client is responsible for clearing all tables of decorations and trash.
- Trash must be placed in the proper receptacles (dumpster).
- Do not pour liquid in the trash receptacles.
- No nails or tacks may be used.
- No leaning or sitting on the protective rails in the wedding chapel.
- No water dunking or playing in or near the water.
- No horse playing, fighting or using abusive language on premises.
1. Caterers are currently allowed the use of the kitchen; however we do
encourage them to bring in prepared food and warmers. Caterers
should also bring in their dishes, dish liquid, cloth/paper towel and
- Caterer must leave the kitchen area clean, mop floor
- All supplies in the pantry, cabinets, drawers and cold storage units
have been especially designated for CHP use only. Refrigerator is for short term storage only. After two days all food and drink will be discarded.
- Counter tops, table, chairs, range, oven & floors must be cleaned
prior to leaving.
14. Do not leave stove or cook top on after use.
15. Decorator will be allowed in the facility only on the day of the event,
unless otherwise cleared with a CHP Consultant.
16. CHP linens must remain on the tables at the end of your event.
17. Damaged or missing items used in your event are the responsibility
of the client.
- Additional fees and/or down payment may apply.
Number of Guests
- A guaranteed number of quests expected to attend must be provided no later than 5 working days prior to the event
- Any changes to this number must be reported before the event
- All reservations and other orders pertaining to the event must be confirmed 30 days prior to the event to guarantee service offered.
- Room setups should be agreed upon prior to the event. Tables and chairs will be set up according to the customer’s request based on the guaranteed number of guests.
- The room will be setup by CHP Ballroom staff prior to the event. However, the CHP Ballroom staff will not be available to do any other setup at the time of the event.
- The CHP Ballroom management, prior to the event, must approve any decorating of the room(s).
- No thumbtacks, tape, or any other items that can damage the paint of the walls will be allowed. If any items need to be secured to the walls, contact management for approved supplies that can be used. No rose petals, rice or confetti are allowed.
- Any damages incurred, as a result of decorating the facility, will be handled in the manner stated above.
- Smoking is not permitted at any event inside the facility: smoking is only allowed outside.
- Any damage caused by smoking (i.e. cigarette burns) will be handled in the manner described above.
- All items brought to the facility are the responsibility of the customer.
- Any items left in the room(s) after the event will be discarded at the time of cleanup, unless other arrangements have been made beforehand.
Current Use of Caterers and Kitchen Facilities
- Outside catering (Family ONLY) service is permitted however, a $500.00 liability fee is assessed for non-licensed outside caterers. The caterer MUST take out all of their related trash. Trash bags are not provided by CHP. It is the responsibility of the caterer to keep the kitchen clean. Licensed Caterers must provide business license and professional liability certificate.
- The renting party is responsible for all kitchen appliances such as refrigerator, microwave, ETC. Any damages to these items will be deducted from the deposit.
I have reviewed the Rental Terms and Conditions, and I fully understand and accept all the items listed.